Are You Ready to Start Your Business?
The path to business ownership is an exciting journey. As you embark on your journey, you need a few things to successfully reach your destination. First and foremost, you need a good roadmap or GPS to successfully navigate your way.
The Startup Roadmap, sponsored by FedEx, guides your journey, from your business idea through opening your doors to customers.
Whatever startup route lies ahead of you, the Startup Roadmap provides direction along the way. It will help you chart a course to success, minimizing detours and dead ends so you can get to your goal faster.
This Roadmap will take you from the initial step of defining your business idea through your ultimate destination: launching your business. In each chapter, we’ll teach you what you need to do and give you the resources and expertise you need to get it done.
The program is flexible, letting you make the business startup journey your own, focusing more on some chapters and less in others. It eliminates fears and intimation and offers a clear vision on how to achieve your business startup goals—especially if you work on it with a SCORE mentor. Entrepreneurs who work with a mentor are five times more likely to start a business than those who do not have a mentor.
Wherever you are in your startup process, SCORE can help.
The Startup Roadmap includes these 12 chapters, but you do not have to take them all:
- Chapter 1: Starting Your Journey
- Chapter 2: Are You Ready to Start a Business?
- Chapter 3: Defining and Validating Your Idea
- Chapter 4: Business Plan or Business Model Canvas?
- Chapter 5: Finding Funding
- Chapter 6: Setting Up Your Business
- Chapter 7: Accounting, Insurance, and Legal Considerations
- Chapter 8: Marketing Your Business
- Chapter 9: Pricing, Sales, and Distribution
- Chapter 10: Setting Up Your Physical Location
- Chapter 11: Staffing Your Business
- Chapter 12: Open for Business
Each chapter of the Startup Roadmap contains:
- Steps to Success: A series of steps you complete in order to move on to the next chapter. Each step contains concrete, actionable tasks to complete, as well as information to help you. Some steps include recommended homework; your mentor may recommend additional work.
- With Your Mentor: This section provides suggested topics you can discuss with your mentor. This might include questions you can ask or recommendations on what types of mentors might be best to help you with the current topic.
- Resources: Information and resources, including tools, templates, and online workshops, to help you learn more or complete the steps in that chapter.
To reach your destination faster, work on the Startup Roadmap with a SCORE mentor.
Like an experienced tour guide, your SCORE mentor can point out things you might otherwise miss, offer insider suggestions and shortcuts, and help you make the most of your journey.
If you dream of business ownership and want clear directions to reach your destination successfully, start the SCORE Startup Roadmap today. And if you work with a SCORE mentor, you don’t have to travel alone.